COVERGIRL TruBlend Matte Made Foundation Review
Covergirl recently released a 40 shade foundation line, the TrueBlend Matte Made Foundation! Yes, you read that correctly.. 40 SHADES! Covergirl sent me all 40 shades plus their new TruBlend Skin Primer Bases (which I’m completely thankful for). During the summer, I have combination skin (my t0-zone area tends to get oily). For that reason, I was SO excited to try out this matte foundation.
- Comes in 40 shades (10 light, 10 medium, 10 tan, and 10 deep)
- Shades consists of warm, cool, and neutral undertones
- Minimizes pores
- Controls shine
- Oil free
- Transfer resistant
- Feels comfortable on skin
- Stays put for 12 hours
- Skin Smoothing Primer smooths skin for a suitable canvas.
- Color Neutralizing Primer corrects redness and evens skin tone.
- Pore Minimizing Primer diminishes and blurs pores while also magnifying skin.
- Illuminating Primer hydrates and illuminates skin.
My thoughts after wearing this foundation for 12 hours
First and foremost, this foundation stays nice and matte (even in the areas that tend to get a bit oily), which is a huge deal for me! This foundation is medium to high coverage and is buildable. I like how this foundation is long-wearing and barely breaks up after a day of full day of wearing it. After wearing this foundation a couple of times, I can say that it is comfortable, lightweight and breathable. I tested to see if this foundation is truly transfer-proof, and I can say it is! I did notice that this foundation does oxidize a bit (so you want to keep that in mind when selecting your shade). Also, I wanted to mention to make sure your skin does not have any dry spots (because this foundation will bring them out). All in all, I personally love this foundation on my skin and I think it’s definitely worth trying (as long as you don’t have super dry skin!)