Ways to Avoid Dreading Going to the Dentist
Undoubtedly, countless people dread going to the dentist because they want to avoid getting scolded at by their dentist or hygienist. Therefore, I am going to tell you my personal ways to avoid dreading going to the dentist.
- Select the right toothpaste
- You want to always use a dental approved toothpaste that contains fluoride. Also, it is smart to use a complete protection toothpaste to help prevent cavities, plaque and gingivitis. I personally like to use Sensodyne Complete Protection because it offers full protection plus it is suitable for sensitive teeth (which I have).
- Electric toothbrush
- Hands down, I have found that using an electric toothbrush is the easiest and best way to clean my teeth. Studies have even shown that electric toothbrushes are more effective at removing plaque than a normal toothbrush. I personally use Sterline Sonic Power electric rechargeable toothbrush with UV sanitizer . I find it awesome how this electric toothbrush comes with a UV sanitizer to clean the toothbrush. Also, I love how this has a built-in timer for 2 minutes to ensure you get 2 minutes of brushing. This toothbrush also has 3 modes (clean, soft, whitening and massage) so you cane easily switch it to what style of brushing you prefer to do.
- Don’t forget to floss
- If you are one of the people (like me) who find regular flossing a tad bit of a hassle, you can sometimes use a water flosser instead. Now, you do not want to necessarily replace regular flossing with water flossing because regular flossing is indeed more effective at removing plaque. I personally like to use Sterline water flosser. I love using this because it’s very easy to use and you can adjust the water speed and pressure to personal preference. When using the water flosser, you want to make sure you are directing the water to each directed teeth to achieve best results.
- Chew gum after snacking
- I always have xylitol gum in my messy bag. I like having xylitol gum for when I eat or snack while I am out and chew two pieces of gum afterwards to prevent food from sticking to my teeth. Xylitol gum in fact is wonderful in preventing tooth decay and is recommended by dentists and hygienist. I like to use Xyloburst gum that can found in any Sprouts.
- Use good technique and frequency
- Above all, brushing at least twice a day and regular flossing is a must to maintain dental health. Ensure each session is 2 minutes long and each area of your mouth is getting the same amount of brushing.
Ultimately, there is no need to dread or fear the dentist as long as you take care of your teeth!
I did receive samples of Better Basic’s products. Nonetheless, I only recommend items that I use personally and honestly like.