Stimulate Collagen and Elastin in Your Skin
As we get older, we are wondering more on how to stimulate collagen and elastin in our skin. One way to stimulate collagen and elastin in your skin is by micro-needling using a derma roller. Particularly, studies have shown that derma rollers helps in preventing and treating skin aging by cell regeneration.
I was lucky enough to collaborate with Derma Rollers System and try out their Derma Roller and DermaCell enriched collagen cream. The derma roller comes in 5 different sizes based on personal needs that is listed in the chart below. I am using the 1.0mm derma roller that helps with everything except hair regrowth and eye treatment based on the chart below. Honestly, the derma roller does hurt a bit but it is completely normal because it is giving your skin tiny cuts to allow cell regeneration. I prefer to use the derma roller at night because the skin is more sensitive to the sun after the treatment. After using the derma roller, I like to apply either a moisturizer or a collagen cream. All in all, I have been using it for a few weeks now and it is certainly too soon to tell so I will give you guys an update in a few months on the results!
Why Use A Derma Roller?
- Increase cell growth
- Helps prevent/ decrease fine lines & wrinkles
- Diminishes Scars, Hyper-pigmentation & Stretch Marks
- Decreases Pore Size
- Hair Regrowth
- Do not use the derma roller on your eyelids, lips, acne or wounds.
- Make sure your hands and derma roller is completely clean before using it.
- Roll the derma roller over your desired area gently: 4 times vertically, 4 times horizontally, 4 times diagonally
- After treatment, disinfect the derma roller with a glass half full of hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol for about 30 minutes.
- I highly advise to use the derma roller during the evening or nighttime so your skin is not being exposed to the sun soon after. If done during the daytime, ensure you apply sunscreen lotion to the area you treated (Even though you should always apply sunscreen lotion regardless when out in the sun!😊)
- Use the 0.5 mm derma roller only once a day with no more than 5 days a week. On the other hands, use the 1.0 mm once every 3 to 4 weeks.
The Rachel Ray Show and The Doctor’s Show