Face Washing With a Konjac Sponge

What is a Konjac Sponge?

A konjac sponge is made out of 100% Konjac Root, which is a natural antioxidant.  This specific sponge can effectively clean, exfoliate and nourish the skin by absorbing oils and toxins along with killing acne-causing bacteria. Many of you may rush to think, “Oh no, sponges and loofahs are the quickest in storing bacteria!” However, unlike an ordinary kitchen sponge and loofah, a konjac sponge dries quickly to limit bacteria growth. At the same time, it is essential to place the sponge in hot water after two weeks of using for about 5 minutes to disinfect (I’m a germaphobe so I do it after each use). In addition, it is important to toss the konjac sponge within a month after the first use.

Konjac Sponge, Pooter's Cache

Face Washing with a Konjac Sponge

I have been washing my face with Pooter’s Cache konjac sponge for about two weeks now and absolutely love it. This specific konjac sponge is infused with natural activated charcoal with added bamboo charcoal. Fortunately, a konjac sponge can be used on all skin types making this great to use on my combination type-skin. This charcoal konjac sponge is known to do wonders for oily and acne-prone skin. While it has not done miracles of completing eliminating those unwanted bumps overnight, I have noticed that it does help get rid of them quicker. To my surprise, the sponge was a lot more gentle on my skin than I imagined. Once soaked with water, the konjac sponge has a gel-like texture that I like since it is not harsh on my skin — I always try to avoid products that are not harsh on my skin because I feel like they do more harm than good so this is a big plus for me. With that being said, I have liked the results thus far and I am looking forward to how well this konjac sponge continues to be with my skin.

Why I like Using a Konjac Sponge for Face Washing:

• 100% natural
  • Free of chemicals, colors and preservatives
  • Controls PH balance
  • Does not require a facial cleaner to clean face — can be used solely with water.
  • Gentle on the face
  • Helps control acne

Tips:

• Allow the sponge to soften after soaking it with water before using to avoid injuring your skin.
  • Gently massage the sponge in circular motions.
  • Don’t press too hard to avoid scratching your skin.
  • Once finished with cleansing, squeeze out the water and allow the sponge to air dry.

10 Responses to “Face Washing With a Konjac Sponge

• Julie Torres
    1 month ago

Appreciate these tips, there are so many beauty products out there, I appreciate the information on how to use them and the benefits.

• Deanna
    1 month ago

I love Konjac Sponges! They really are wonderful and wow they really do clean your face so nicely

• Doria
    1 month ago

I’ve heard good things about konjac sponges! My skin is insanely sensitive and I don’t like using lots of chemicals to begin with, so I’d like to give this a try.

• Glenda
    1 month ago

This product is very impressive! I didn’t know the great benefits of the Konjac sponge. I really like the fact that it dries and does not collect bacteria growth.

• Cynthia
    1 month ago

This is such a novelty to me, never heard of it before! I used to have a small scrub thingy for my face but it was a little too harsh on my skin, maybe this will be more gentle 🙂

• Lavonnia AllisonBurres
    1 month ago

I am very picky about my beauty products. My skin is very sensitive. I have to have mild scrubbing clothes or sponges (surface wise). Otherwise, I look like I’ve used sandpaper on my face. I’m glad that you shared this information with me! Or us. Thank you!

• Lavonnia AllisonBurres
    1 month ago

Oh, one more thing. I’ve had several of these. Every time I get one, my daughter steals them. I can’t keep one. She loves them too!

• David Elliott
    1 month ago

I would never have thought of a particular sponge used to clean your face. I will have to do some more research on the product. It does sound great from your description.

• Sarah Arrow
    1 month ago

Ooo! I love the look of this and I’m trying a charcoal regime at the moment

• Alaina Bullock
    1 month ago

I love this sponge! My sister actually got me to try one a few months back, and I am hooked! I;ve very sensitive skin, and this is one of the few products I can use that still removes dead skin cells, dirt and other impurities without irritating it!