How Often Should You Wash Your Face Towel?

Little do we realize that our face towel that appears to be clean is actually responsible for breakouts instead of cleaning our face. Evidently, bacteria thrives for moist places… including our damp face towel. In fact, in a recent study conducted by The American Journal of Infection Control, E. Coli can be detected on a face towel within a DAY.

How Often Should You Wash Your Face Towel?

It is crucial to frequently wash your face towel. According to scientists, your face towels should be washed after each use. With that in mind, try to really use a new face towel every day because you would be surprised how quickly those nasty bacteria grows on your towels.. So don’t be lazy and just throw that dirty one in the laundry bin.

Additional Tips:

• Sharing in not caring when it comes to face towels.. Never share a face towel with someone else and cross-share bacteria.
  • Avoid storing your face towel in the bathroom since the bathroom is a misty place which is a bacteria’s haven. Instead, store your towel in a linen closet that has minimum moisture.
  • Save yourself the hassle and have at least 7 face towels so you only have to wash your face towels one a week.

Check out the face towel that I personally use. Creative Scents fingertip towels comes in a set of 4 and is entirely made of cotton. I have two packs in order to have enough for the entire week. I particularly like to pat my face gently with this towel when washing my face with lukewarm water.

PR Sample

Sources:

1. http://www.ajicjournal.org/article/S0196-6553%2813%2900115-6/fulltext

16 Responses to “How Often Should You Wash Your Face Towel?

• Allison
    5 months ago

This is so shocking to me. Thanks for the info!

• Robin Rue
    5 months ago

We use our face towels as hand towels. Our faces get wiped with our shower/bath towel and those get washed after each use.

• Jay Colby
    5 months ago

This was an informational post. I’ve thought about this before.

• Shannon
    5 months ago

Very eye-opening! I’ve always shared my face towel, but I won’t anymore!

• Claudia Krusch
    5 months ago

I always wash my face cloths after one use. they usually get makeup on them so I can not use them again util I wash them.

• Elizabeth
    5 months ago

There are five of us in our house – that makes for a LOT of towel washing every single day, lol! Very educational post, this.

• Jessica Taylor
    5 months ago

I actually don’t wash my face with a towel, but this is a great post for people that do.

• Eeek. Makes me rethink the way I do things =/ Thanks for this!

• Nadine Cathleen
    5 months ago

Really enjoyed this post, I don’t even have a facial towel but I think it would be nice to get one 🙂

• Thia is something for my list of things I never wanted to know about. Now this image is tuck with me – and I have to make more trips to the laundry room!

• Muna Kenny
    5 months ago

I change my face towels frequently and after reading your article I guess I should have seven face towels handy all the time!

• Elizabeth Brico
    5 months ago

Wow! E coli?? That’s intense. I don’t wash my towels enough..

• Tiara Wilson
    5 months ago

This is crazy. I never thought about washing my towel every day. I usually do laundry once a week, and use two -ish towels a week.

• Yeah I have a serious beauty facial regimen. Definitely dont want to use the same face towel days in a row.

• misty nelson dawn
    5 months ago

What a good post so informative and I love reading more about this, I should change my towel every day and I will tell this too with my friends.

• katrina gehman
    5 months ago

i have always washed my face towels after each use. i guess i never really thought about it.